It's been 24 hours without a vanilla Coke (my own personal brand of heroin, for all you Twilighters). And I haven't displayed any wierd withdrawal symptoms, like killing my neighbors. Yet.
Although I came close when a bored--and apparently unsupervised--child in the building pulled the fire alarm. Not only did the Star Trek Enterprise screeching (red alert! red alert!) drive me from the condo, it brought the police, firemen, and paramedics to our quiet little corner of the world.
And is it just me, but do you have to be eye candy to work those professions? Everyone of those guys looked like they were on their way to a calendar shoot. Because they were looking mighty fine I forgot all about tracking down that little kid who interrupted my well-guarded blog writing time. But, I digress.
My Coke elimination strategy based on consuming raw foods--besides making me forgetful--has worked its magic so far, so I'd like to pass on the magic to you (in case you cared):
- Camomile tea with raw honey and lemon.
- Blueberries in plain, non-fat yogurt (hey there, Brown Cow).
- A couple bottles of water.
- Odwalla green smoothie and a handful of blueberries
- Ambrosia for the gods chocolate smoothie: 2 bananas, spring water, lucama powder (Peruvian superfood), raw cacao and hemp seeds. Seriously, I could LIVE on that.
- Too many raw larabars; coconut creme, cherry pie, pecan, and key lime.
- A salad of spring mix, and goji berry trail mix topper with a dressing made of tomatoes, fresh garlic, green onions, cilantro, apple cider vinegar and virgin olive oil.
- Synergy Kombucha, Superfruit flavor
Maybe I should try eating the mums garnishing the dining room table next? They're raw...