Happy Buttons:1) My children laughing and my grandson's smile. And my downstairs neighbor's baby's chortles. Okay, pretty much children laughing make me giggle. Unless they're creepy. Like Chucky. But he's not real. Right?
2) Creating ~ writing, photography, crafts, a new life.
3) Golden sunshine against a blue sky with white clouds skittering by.
4) Flowers ~ gardens, pictures, window boxes, but especially in the house. We used to have a gardenia bush when I was growing up in Florida. And I miss the roses I grew in Arizona, big as my outstretched hand (thank you, Miracle-Gro).
5) Birdsong ~ I don't even need to be hiking. Birds at the deck feeders, outside an open window, just please not pooping on my car.
6) Any good book I can't put down. A recent favorite contributing to my grogginess is Linda Lou's 'Bastard Husband--A Love Story'. It's a funny and heart-warming memoir of an amazing woman/comedian/writer/healer (that's my assessment).
7) Sugar in all its nefarious forms, especially if there is frosting involved. And coconut.
8) Checks in the mail and packages from Amazon.com (more books!).
9) Decorating: our home, a cake, my kids, the farm(ville)--sigh.
10) Comments on the blog!
And here are just a few of the fun blog friends (blognutians, according to blognut at More Mindless Rambling) I like to hang out with. By no means is this list complete as ALL the folks on my blog list know how to rock it--whether you are looking to connect with beauty, insight, humor or heart:
Anna at Nature Trail
Deb at Catbird Scout
Linda at Linda Lou, live from Las Vegas
Julie at Midlife Jobhunter
Kim at Yellow Trash Diaries
Jelisa at The Typing Makes Me Sound Busy
Michel at Facts are Strictly Optional
Debbie at Suburb Sanity
Julie at Prairie Thistle
Blognut at More Mindless Rambling
Hilary at The Smitten Image
So I'm grateful for the nudge to think up happy buttons and savor my blog list. It made for the best start to a good week. I invite you to put on a cup of tea/coffee/rum-n-coke and cozy up with them when you get a moment to get to know some really good people. After all, visiting your sites is where I've found all my blog favorites!